As you are already aware, homeowners (transferees) and Lacuna Estate Management Company (LEMC - also referred to as 'Estmanco' in the transfer documents) - are bound to one another by a number of restrictive covenants.
Please refer to the documents enclosed with your title deeds for more detailed legal reference. Please also see 'explaining all those service charges' page under the noticeboard because different covenants apply and different charges are payable, according to whether you are leasehold or freehold.
However, for your convenience, here are a few of the most important general obligations that the tranferee and estmanco must abide by ...
TRANSFEREE - You the homeowner
- homeowners need to pay LEMC's service charge (and the Kings Hill Residential Charge) as required
- homeowners should keep their properties in a good state of repair
- homeowners should only park within their allocated parking spaces
- homeowners should not make any additions, alterations or change the external appearance of the property without the prior written consent of LEMC
- homeowners should not cause annoyance or disturbance, or allow any music to be audible outside the property between 11pm and 8 am
- homeowners need to notify LEMC within 28 days (please use the general enquiry form on this website and notify us as soon as possible) if they sell or let their property and notify any prospective tenant of the existence of the covenants, in particular the one about annoyance or disturbance above
- homeowners shouldn't ... put up signs or banners
- homeowners may not park caravans or commercial vehicles on any part of the Lacuna Estate
ESTMANCO - Us (LEMC)
- LEMC should keep the amenity areas, street signage, lighting, block paving, drainage in a good state of repair (please notify us if you notice something that needs our attention)
- LEMC should landscape the front gardens of the freehold houses and the areas outside the flats and all the communal areas
- LEMC should paint, wash and treat the exterior of the freehold properties as often as may be necessary (see 'redecoration' under the 'services' tab)
- LEMC should wash the exterior of the windows (freehold properties and flats) once every 2 months
- LEMC should procure the insurance of the buildings (not contents) of the freehold properties, and insure the amenity areas against public and third party risks